Sunday Stealing: The 2015 Year End Meme
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before? Saw the Foo Fighters in concert. It was epic, and awesome, and all of the very best adjectives ever.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Didn’t make reservations. Or resolutions, either.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Uhm… my youngest niece turned 1, and a few cousins had babies this year, but other than that, I don’t think so… Oh! One of the teachers on my team had her baby boy a few days before Christmas, so she’s one of my only friends who gave birth this year.
4. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2015? Save. Keep saving. Just when you think you’ve saved enough, save some more. And don’t spend it! Just stop spending every penny you get!
5. What was your favorite new TV program? I’m pretty hooked on Jane the Virgin.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015? More personal time. More energy. A better handle on my finances.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Going to the I Teach 1st! conference in early July was pretty awesome. September 19th, because that’s the day we went to the Foo Fighters concert. October 28th, because I got some pretty great feedback from my principal after a weekly walk-through.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finding my groove as a First Grade Teacher and feeling like I’m able to relax and have fun with my kiddos.
9. What was your biggest failure? I don’t feel like I managed my finances in the best way.
10. What was the best thing you bought? James talked me into getting a new computer, as my laptop was over 5 years old. We got a Dell XPS and it’s pretty awesome.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Like, that I know, personally? I don’t know. That’s kind of an odd question.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? Like, that I know, personally? I don’t know. That’s kind of an odd question.
13. What song will always remind you of 2015? Adele’s Hello
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Saved money.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Spent money.
16. What was the best book you read? Jenny Lawson’s Furiously Happy
17. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? Being more mindful of my finances.
18. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. See title of post.
**Title of post from Learn to Fly by Foo Fighters